COMMUNITIES HERE AND THERE SPANISH PROGRAM
- Looking at Communities
- Community Needs and Wants
- Exploring Maps and Globes
- Exploring Our Country and State
- Our Country’s Government and History
- Looking at Our World
- 15 Nystronautas atlases. Age-appropriate detail and intuitively understandable maps are supported by text, photographs, illustrations, and cartoon characters who direct attention and pose questions. 8½" x 11". 48 pages. 2015 edition.
- 1 teacher’s guide (Spanish edition) with step-by-step lesson plans in English and Spanish-language photocopy masters for reproducible handouts. 290 pages.
- 1 literacy library with 12 age-appropriate Spanish-language fiction and nonfiction trade books and correlated cross-curricular activities expands the curriculum while developing literacy skills
- 6 nine-inch globes (with cradle mounts) emphasizing the continents and their (unlabeled) countries
- 30 laminated, markable, double-sided desk maps (11"h x 17"w) showing the same community at two very different levels of abstraction
- 30 laminated, markable, double-sided desk maps (11"h x 17"w) showing the U.S. and the world (with most countries labeled)
- 2 laminated, markable wall maps (33"h x 50"w) matching the community desk maps
- 6 markable raised-relief maps showing the community in a 3-D landscape
- 30 fine-tip markers, 4 wide-tip markers
- 1 cart to organize and store all components
The Spanish-language edition of the Nystrom Nystronaut Atlas corresponds page for page with the English version, ideal for helping English language learners keep pace with key content. Throughout the atlas, text and place names on the maps are in Spanish; the program’s desk maps, wall maps, raised-relief maps, and globes remain labeled with English place names, stimulating dual-language mastery. The teacher’s guide supplies detailed lesson plans in English, student handouts and answer keys in Spanish. The literacy libraries offer Spanish fiction and nonfiction books that are equivalent to their counterparts in the English program, plus lesson plans with directions in English. Available separately, a SPANISH MODULE comprising 15 Spanish-language atlases, the Spanish edition of the teacher’s guide, and the Spanish-language literacy library can be added to the English Communities Here and There program to convert an English program into a bilingual program.
This title is part of the series: COMMUNITIES HERE AND THERE SPANISH PROGRAM