MAP AND GLOBE SKILLS SPANISH PROGRAM
- 30 Atlases Para los Jovenes Geografos that explain how atlases work and the skills needed to interpret maps, globes, and atlases, and make those explanations visually. 8½" x 11". 88 pages. 2010 updated edition.
- 1 teacher’s guide (Spanish edition) with step-by-step lesson plans in English, and with Spanish-language photocopy masters for reproducible handouts. 294 pages.
- 1 literacy library with 12 age-appropriate Spanish-language fiction and nonfiction trade books and cross-curricular activities to expand the curriculum while developing literacy skills
- 9 nine-inch globes (with cradle mounts) emphasizing the continents and their labeled countries
- 30 laminated, markable, double-sided desk maps (18"h x 19"w), 15 political, 15 physical, each with the U.S. and the world on opposite sides, and all with inset thematic maps
- 9 markable raised-relief maps showing a 3-D physical map of the U.S.
- 30 fine-tip markers
- 1 cart to organize and store all components
The Spanish-language edition of the Nystrom Junior Geographer atlas corresponds page for page with the English version, ideal for helping English language learners keep pace with key content. Throughout the atlas, text and place names on the maps are in Spanish; the program’s desk maps, raised-relief maps, and globes remain labeled with English place names, stimulating dual-language mastery. The teacher’s guide supplies detailed lesson plans in English, student handouts and answer keys in Spanish. The literacy libraries offer Spanish fiction and nonfiction books that are equivalent to their counterparts in the English program, plus lesson plans with directions in English. Available separately, a SPANISH MODULE comprising 30 Spanish-language atlases, the Spanish edition of the teacher’s guide, and the Spanish-language literacy library can be added to the English Map and Globe Skills program to convert an English program into a bilingual program.
This title is part of the series: MAP AND GLOBE SKILLS SPANISH PROGRAM