NEW FRIENDS AND NEW PLACES
Connect with a representative to create a custom curriculum for your district.
Introduce social studies in a familiar, easy-to-navigate fictional neighborhood to help kindergartners better understand their own communities and how to compare and contrast them with other ones.
This complete program is based on the Jumbo Atlas, whose poster-size (30″w x 22″h) pages each have framing questions to spark discussions and hands-on activities that develop visual analysis skills and reinforce social studies content and skills. The program addresses a variety of themes, including:
- Family, Friends, and Me
- Seasons and Holidays
- In Town
- On the Farm
- Land and Water and Maps
- The United States and the World
- Around the World
- 1 Jumbo Atlas comprising 30 markable, poster-size pages (30"w x 22"h).
- A 176-page teacher’s guide with lesson plans and reproducible handouts
- 15 information literacy lessons
- 1 literacy library with 12 fiction and nonfiction trade books, plus cross-curricular activities
- 8 sheets of static clings to accompany the atlas
- 2 double-sided floor maps (38" x 26")
- 2 markers
- 5-year digital subscription
A Spanish-language version of this program is also available.
This title is part of the series: NEW FRIENDS AND NEW PLACES