PART II: Everything You Need to Supplement American History
Curriculum unit, CD-ROM
Connect with a representative to create a custom curriculum for your district.
Sections and lessons:
- Reconstruction Era: freedmen’s rights, civil rights abuses, the impeachment of Andrew Johnson, sharecropping, discrimination, taming the frontier, the Alaska purchase, political corruption
- Problems and Progress: the growth of industry, immigrants, working conditions, labor and management, the Spanish-American War, the Progressive Era, trusts and antitrust regulations, civil rights, the Prohibition crusade, the women’s movement
- Imperial World: global imperialism, international rivalries, Archduke Ferdinand’s assassination, World War I, American involvement in the war, Wilson’s presidency, the Versailles Treaty
- Mania and Misery: postwar business, the Roaring Twenties, Prohibition and repeal, the Great Migration, bigotry, famous court cases, causes of the Depression, the Depression, the Dust Bowl, the New Deal
- Not Again: the rise of Hitler, the Holocaust, Europe at war, Japanese expansion, U.S. involvement in World War II, the American military, the home front, Midway and D-Day, the A-bomb, the U.S.S.R.
- Conflicts Continue: the Cold War, the McCarthy Era, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the anti-war movement, the civil rights movement, Chicano workers, the "War on Drugs," war with Iraq, the "War on Terrorism"
- Modern Issues: personal freedoms, immigration, the U.S. and the world, federalism today, church and state, criminal insanity, copyright issues, elections
This title is part of the series: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUPPLEMENT AMERICAN HISTORY
8½" x 11"