CIVICS AND GOVERNMENT IN CARTOONS
Connect with a representative to create a custom curriculum for your district.
Five lessons (based on the key themes of the National Civics Standards) are built around political cartoons.
The cartoons provoke critical thinking about such topics as legislative reapportionment, the peacekeeping role of the UN, and the influence of campaign contributions on elected officials. Contains lesson plans and reproducible student pages with the cartoons, discussion questions, follow-up activities, and answers to factual questions. Lessons:
- Civic Life, Politics and Government
- The Foundations of American Political Life
- The Structure of American Government
- The U.S. in a World of Nation States
- The Citizen’s Role in American Democracy
8½" x 11"