SOCIAL STUDIES READERS GR1 SET
Select your Materials
$795.00Order Code: LSR1100
Choose the complete library of Readers or customize to your district’s specific needs.
Explore the Library
Each title integrates building literacy skills with the values and ideas that prepare students for college, career, and civic life, reinforcing an inquiry-based approach. The library of readers makes it easy to scaffold learning to ensure that every student has the opportunity to improve essential skills. Nonfiction and contemporary social studies topics—including history, geography, economics, and civics—offer a variety of pathways for students to engage with the past and present of the world around them.
Readers include essential questions and pre- and post-reading strategies aimed at improving depth of knowledge and communicating results, such as making connections, analyzing primary sources, and taking action.
Provide flexibility for educators and students with digital access to all levels of readers, in English and Spanish, through Nystrom World’s The Scholar.
Social Studies Readers:
- include 4 levels: Emerging, Approaching, On, and Above
- indicate C3 correlations, F&P and Lexile levels, reading comprehension skills, and more
- can be used for individual or group learning
- fall under the following categories:
- Life in the Past
- Science & Technology
Titles in grade 1:
- Ruby Bridges: How Did She Change American Schools?
- Exploring India: What’s Life Like?
- Suburban America: What Was Life Like?
- What Are Weather and Climate?
- Brave Explorers: How Did Lewis, Clark, and Sacagawea Shape America?
- Frontier America: What Was Life Like?
- Cesar Chavez: Why Is He an American Hero?